Koch Chemie 1K-Nano is a long term sealant that bonds to the paint, based on innovative reactive substances which form an extremely smooth, mirror, paint seal that is resistant to chemicals, UV radiation and abrasion. Special additives give the paintwork an extremely deep sheen. The one-step process reduces the working time considerably in comparison with two component systems.
The paintwork is protected perfectly and durably from adverse environmental factors. Due to its easy to clean capabilities, insects, bird droppings and other deposit build-ups can be removed much more easily.
The durability is approx. 1 year, but this can be extended considerably through regular manual after care with Nano Magic Shampoo (hand wash), a regular topper and the recommended annual paintwork inspection by an expert!
Cut: 0 // Gloss: 9,9
The 1K Nano set contains:-
– 250 ml sealant in an aluminium bottle
– 75 ml dispensing bottle – sufficient for approx. one car
Areas of use:-
Completely hardened paint on cars, commercial vehicles, motorbikes, etc.
Directions for use:-
A. Preparation –
Before applying 1K Nano Sealant the paintwork should be in the best possible condition. We recommend that vehicle should be comprehensively wash and clayed and the necessary paint correction should be undertaken to ensure the vehicle is ready for the application of the sealant.
We also recommend that the final step before application should be a final wipe of the surface with an apprpriate prep spray such as Koch Chemie Fleckenwasser FW.
B. Paintwork Sealing –
1. For working with 1K-Nano observe the recommended ambient temperature of 15-30°C. It is essential for the application and curing to take place inside and not out in the open.
2. Shake the aluminium bottle thoroughly shortly before use and fill the supplied plastic bottle (75ml). This amount is usually sufficient for a medium-sized vehicle. If not enough 1K-Nano is applied the sealing quality will suffer.
3. Apply 1K-Nano ideally mechanically by means of a D/A polisher at low speed and with a Buff and Shine Uro-Tec White Finishing Pad, or alternatively apply manually with a TRC Pearl Puck Applicator without pressure in small sections. Apply for 2-3 minutes using a cross-hatch technique in order to guarantee saturation interlinking and to avoid clouding. Wait 2-3 minutes and then polish the now completely dry film by hand with a clean TRC Creature Edgeless Microfibre Towel.
4. After approx. 1-2 hours reaction time the sealant has hardened so that there is now a long-term seal that is resistant to chemicals and wears. Any streaks that occur (excess product) during the curing process can be removed after the hardening period with a TRC Creature Microfibre Towel or are eliminated the first time the vehicle is washed (at the earliest after 3 days).
- Do not use on fresh repair paints! Repainted surfaces require a hardening period of approx. 6-8 weeks before the sealant can be applied. OEM paints with new vehicles can be sealed directly.
- During work, make sure there is sufficient ventilation and fresh air!
- Because of the reactive components, 1K-Nano is kept in a tightly sealed aluminium bottle. Pour any leftover product back into the aluminium bottle after work, recap the bottle immediately and store it upright at all times. After opening, the shelf life is approx. 1 year.
- When working with 1K-Nano use only the TRC Creature Edgeless Microfibre Towel, because poorer quality cloths may prevent interlinking on the paint. Always use several clean towels to prevent residues being carried over and thus undesirable interlinking faults.
Shake before using. Protect against frost and excessive heat. Do not use it on hot surfaces. Before using, check suitability and compatibility.
This product information can advise you only without obligation. Liability on our part can not be derived. Please check whether the product is suitable for your application. We will be pleased to assist you.